"fake" NORML NZ, NORML New Zealand busted
When International Oddities contacted the REAL NORML organization in Washington DC to ask if they could offer advice for us regarding the false posts NORML New Zealand was promoting about us, the REAL NORML said:
"Re: NZ NORML - they have nothing to do with NORML in the US and act independently of
US NORML ... have pilfered NORML's trademark, but US NORML does not choose to litigate
against citizens in other countries ... they're just as hostile to US NORML."
Do not send any donations to NORML NZ New Zealand (imposter) if you are intending to donate to the marijuana cause and the true NORML organization.
- NORML New Zealand, NORML NZ is NOT associated with the Real NORML
- NO FUNDS DONATED To Norml New Zealand go to the REAL NORML
- and Norml New Zealand has only lifted their name, without permission presumably to cash in on the good standing which the REAL NORML organization holds for defending and fighting for marijuana rights.
The REAL NORML organization has officially thanked International Oddities for making the Boston Freedom Rally possible, and IO has sponsored and provided tons of product at NORML rollathons. Patrons appreciated the International Oddities products generously donated for these events. And on a personal note, the true NORML organization are some of the most informed, dedicated and professional advocates in the industry.
The actual original and true NORML marijuana reform enterprise works diligently to reform marijuana laws, but are so busy fighting the good fight that their resources would be squandered chasing every little group trying to capitalize on THE REAL NORML's good name - like NORML New Zealand has done.
Why would Norml New Zealand care about International Oddities? A vast majority of the traffic that even goes to this tiny un-authorized website Normal New Zealand is generated from these nonsensical postings about the Famous company INTERNATIONAL ODDITIES.
Who? yea, International Oddities. The largest independant company ever to appear in the most High Times Magazine pages in the history of that publication. The guys whose product has been seen in so many Hollywood Movies. The guys whose products have been smoked on screen in movies like Pineapple Express by stars like Seth Rogen and Dennis Hopper....yea, those guys.
During a major federal lawsuit where spammers lifted the International Oddities company name with fake sites to promote nearly a dozen infringing "knock offs" of International Oddities products across literally thousands upon thousands of pages on the internet while using black hat programming techniques, postings simultaneously appeared across the internet which seem to be another casualty of this kind of practice. For example, these fake norml new zealand posts referenced an "herb grinder" they received with their international oddities order. Guess what? In nearly 30 years in business International Oddities has NEVER sold or shipped one single herb grinder. Plus, someone (not International Oddities) was posting fake replies as International Oddities.
As an entity we generally don't bother retaliating to small-minded attacks like this, but with so much mis-information being planted on the internet about us we thought it was time to reply.
Why do we care and why do they continue to do it?
Because statistics show that one of the most substantial reasons anyone bothers to go to Norml New Zealand is because of a series of FAKE postings about International Oddities products.
Sorry, but if you want International Oddities products that bad, you'll have to buy them like everyone else.
- The FAKE postings Impersonate International Oddities as a company
- the site said bad things about IO products that came with an HERB GRINDER (IO has never shipped an herb grinder in the nearly 30 year company history) proving they are caught at a false and inaccurate post
- when the NORML new zealand organization was made aware of the fake postings (an unfortunate practice among IO's competitors) they indicated that we should send them free stuff and products and maybe they would look into the matter. We don't respond to threats or honor bribes and find their demands unacceptable
- the posts have been restructured and edited from the originals
- Spamming in their blogs -
- And lastly again, the mediator said only corrections would be made if free products and other goods were sent his way.
On a positive note: If you want to send a donation to the Freedom Fighters at the real NORML organization (which we encourage you to do), here is the proper link.